I don’t normally post about dating, marriage, intimate relationships, situationships, etc. However, there are still some people who may not know about red flags in a relationship… and there are many.
Red flags can be anything:
- Too controlling (telling you what to wear, who to be friends with, what time to come home, tracking your comings and goings)
- Gaslighting (example below)
- Cutting up your clothes, pictures, furniture
- Threats to harm you, children, family, pets
- Punching, kicking, smacking, pushing, shoving, etc.
- Name-calling, putting you down
- Humiliating you/children in front of other people
- Stalking you (showing up where you are, but don’t want them to be such as your job, school/class)
- Isolating you from friends, family, coworkers
- Blames you for infidelity even when you’re faithful.
- Giving you an allowance when you work like he/she does
- Telling you what to eat/drink, having to ask for permission to do things.
- Calling or texting too much, checking your phone/social media
Does any of this sound like a healthy relationship? 🤨🤨
Listen, the picture above is true 😂😂… mostly due to the introvert in me. 🤦🏾♀️🤷🏾♀️
I’d rather be alone if I have to listen to someone treat me like a child when I was independent and happy before him and will be the same after he leaves.
He is the problem, not you!
It’s okay to want to be in a relationship. We all want to be with someone b/c we are hard-wired to want and be that way. Nothing wrong with it. However, what you don’t want is to be miserable just to be with someone or say you have a man.
That’s NOT okay!
You are better than that. You are worth more. You deserve more… Believe that. Know that. Embrace that. Become that.
🗣When you know your worth, you will raise your standards‼ Those that meet those standards, great! Those that don’t, move on. ✌🏾 ❤